Turkey Pot Pie
Here's a quick, easy solution to leftover turkey: turkey pot pie!
- 1 box Refrigerated pie crusts 2 per box
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup All purpose flour
- Small onion diced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Chicken broth vegetable broth works, too
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- 2 cups Shredded cooked turkey
- 2 cups Frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-2 Diced potatoes
- Adjust the size of the turkey, vegetable and potato ingredients as you like. More of what you like, less of what you don't.
- Preheat oven to 425. Gather your ingredients.
- Dice potatoes.
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter and add the onions. Cook until the onions soften.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed totally into the butter.
- Gradually stir in the broth, then the milk. Cook until it is bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in the turkey, vegetables and potatoes. If your potato dice is small enough, you will not need to precook the potatoes. Otherwise you can boil the potatoes until they are halfway done.
- Place one of the thawed pie crusts in the bottom of a glass pie pan. Follow the instructions on the box for thawing the pie crust.
- Pour the pot pie filling into the pie crust.
- Place the second thawed pie crust on top of the filling.
- Pinch the edges of the two pie crusts together to seal the edge. You can get as fancy as you want with the edges. Me, I’m a plain pincher.
- Cut several slits (simple or decorative) in the top of the pie crust. Again, I’m for the simple cut, and, as you can see, I can’t even get that straight!
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the pie crust is golden.
- When baking something that is bubbly, I always line a baking sheet with aluminum foil just as an extra measure.
- Serve hot. Then have a second helping!
- Bon appetit!Laura