A lassi is a traditional Indian beverage created by blending yogurt, spices, and, in this case, fruit together to create a cool and refreshing drink perfect to pair with a spicy dish! This potable can be made quickly and keeps in the refrigerator for up to one day. For a twist on the original recipe, this drinkable calls for strawberry yogurt.
Ingredients (makes about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt*
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup very ripe mangos, frozen chopped mango, or canned mango pulp
- Optional: dash of cardamom
*plain or other fruit-flavored yogurt can be substituted
1. Dice ripened mango into small, square pieces.
2. Add ripened mango pieces to a pitcher or blender, combining with ½ cup of strawberry yogurt, and ¼ cup milk or milk substitute of choice.
3. Combine ingredients together in a blender or in a pitcher using an immersion blender until smooth.
4. Sprinkle with a pinch of cardamom, if desired. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for up to one day.