As we enter colds and flu season, many of us wonder how to distinguish among many symptoms of upper-respiratory infections (colds), flu, and Covid-19.
There is a lot of information on the internet and we often wonder what is true and what is fake. Many of those health articles from “health experts” are written to increase the audience not to share the truth.
So how to tell the true facts from fiction? When in doubt, check with your county’s health department or CDC the biggest authority on public health.
According to CDC, if you think you might have been exposed to coronavirus, contact your healthcare provider. Keep track of your symptoms and get tested at one of these testing locations in Wyandotte county:
Please note that WyCo Health Department drive-through testing site has moved to 7836 State Ave, KCK (former Kmart location). If you live or work in Wyandotte county, KS, you can get tested regardless whether you have Covid-19 symptoms or not.
Here is a helpful infographic on how to distinguish coronavirus symptoms from other illnesses with similar symptoms:
- KDHE: https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/160/COVID-19-in-Kansas
- Mid-America Regional Council: https://marc2.org/covidhub/
- Johnson County, KS: https://public.tableau.com/profile/mapper.of.the.day.mod.#!/vizhome/covid19_joco_public/Dashboard
- Kansas City, MO: https://covid-19-response-in-kcmo-kcmo.hub.arcgis.com/
- Jackson County, MO: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/34a6ef5efe664974a3c1866aa77fbb6d/
- Leavenworth County, KS: https://www.leavenworthcounty.gov/covid/default.asp#
- Johns Hopkins University COVID19 Data: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- CDC COVID19 Data: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html
Now check the resources available from your local library:
Coronavirus by The Centers for Disease Control
Coronavirus Survival Guide by James Spacey
The Coronavirus Recovery Handbook by Liu Xiaodan
Surviving Coronavirus by Eugene St.Clair II