Hello everyone and welcome to anther Leftover Ladies blog post. With the weather getting colder who doesn’t love a warm bowl of beef stew? Yummy! However, after having beef stew a few days in a row you might start to tire of your lovely fall comfort food. I decided to take my old beef stew and make it into a twist on the classic Shepherd’s Pie. Note: I list how I make my mashed potatoes but however you and your family makes them is just as good and can be used instead of my recipe.
- 2 potatoes or you could use instant mashed potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ Tablespoon of garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon of onion powder
- Potato masher or fork
- Oven safe baking dish
- Potato peeler
- Lid of pot or colander to drain potatoes
a1. Gather up all of your ingredients and supplies. Preheat your oven to 350°
2. Wash your potatoes and then peel them.
3. Dice up your potatoes into small pieces.
4. Put potatoes in a pot with water that covers them. Bring water to a boil and let potatoes boil for 8-10 minutes or until they are tender.
5. Drain the potatoes and add butter, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
6. Mash your potatoes until creamy.
7. Line the bottom of your baking dish with your beef stew. As you can see I didn’t have enough stew to fill my entire baking dish so I placed my beef stew in the middle. Spread mashed potatoes on top of stew.
8. Put your pie in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. There potatoes on top should be slightly brown and have a crispness to them.
This dish ended up being pretty tasty. The stew flavors go great with the mashed potatoes. Definitely a warm and heavy fall and winter meal that will leave you full and happy. We hope that these blog post inspire you to try and create something new from your leftovers. Leave a comment down below with your leftover successes.