This year, many of us tried new easy recipes for homemade foods. On our blog, we posted recipes for breads, coffee, spiced teas, exotic foods, etc. Easy homemade peanut butter will be a great addition to that bunch.
All you need is two ingredients and a food processor. The bigger your food processor and the more powerful it is, the more peanut butter you can make with less time. Usually, I use 1 cup of roasted peanuts with my 2-cup mini-processor. It yields about 2/3 cup of peanut butter. You can take 3 cups of peanuts and use a 7-8 cup food processor to get 2 cups of rich, creamy homemade peanut butter.
If you prefer a sweeter butter, you can add honey or brown sugar to it. You can add cinnamon too. Adding a little cocoa will make your peanut butter taste like Nutella. Well, almost.
Easy Homemade Peanut Butter
- 2-3 c Roasted peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- A little salt to taste
- Place shelled peanuts into the food processor. Run the processor for 5-10 minutes, pausing several times not to overheat it. Peanuts will look crumbly at first. The longer you run the processor, the creamier the peanut butter gets.
- In the end, you will have your own natural peanut butter that your family will love!
To find other great recipes, check out these items from your library:
- Real Food, Really Fast: Delicious Plant-based Recipes Ready in 10 Minutes or Less by Hannah Kaminsky.
- Better Than Peanut Butter & Jelly by Marty Mattare
- Help Yourself by Lindsay Maitland Hunt
- Peanut Butter Comfort by Averie Sunshine