September 15 to October 15
Tres Leches Cake
- 1 ½ cups of pancake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup milk
Ingredients for filling
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
Ingredients to decorate
- Chantilly or whipped cream and fruits either fresh or in light syrup (peaches strawberries, etc.
- Blend the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla, milk, egg and oil in the blender until smooth.
- Grease and flour a mold, add the mixture to the pan and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until the bread is firm.
- Mix the two milks and the heavy whipping cream in a blender.
- Unmold the cake and poke with a toothpick.
- Bathe with the milks and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Decorate with cream and sliced fruit before serving.