Eiskaffee is a popular drink in Germany, typically served in German cafés during warmer months. Made by combining coffee with ice cream, it is perfect after a meal or for any time you want a cool pick-me-up.
- 2/3 cup strong coffee of choice, cooled or chilled
- 2-4 TBS sugar, to taste
- 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate shavings/cocoa powder
1. Add sugar to coffee until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large glass, add 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
3. Add coffee to glass, filling up 2/3 of the way
4. Top remaining 1/3 of the glass with whipped cream and garnish with cocoa powder or chocolate shavings
5. Serve with a straw and a spoon