We know everyone has been baking bread like crazy since March, but have you tried a Dutch Baby? Once you hop on the Dutch Baby bandwagon, you will wonder where this big, fluffy, puffy pancake has been all your life. And this ridiculously easy recipe will definitely improve your life!
- 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients, except the butter, in a blender or whisk by hand.
- Once the oven comes up to temperature, place the butter in a cast iron or carbon steel pan and melt in the oven (a glass baking dish will work too, but do not use a pan that is not oven safe).
- Once the butter has just melted, remove the pan and pour in the batter.
- Put pan back in oven and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, reduce the oven heat to 300 degrees and continue baking for five more minutes. The Dutch Baby should be puffy, and the edges will probably curl out of the pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and top with fruit, jam, or syrup. Enjoy!