Celebrations for the 4th of July are just one week away! These beverages are suited for any age guest at your party or barbecue. These coolers will be a great companion on a hot holiday.
CAPTAIN AMERICA DRINK
- 1 can of Cherry 7-Up
- 1 oz of Grenadine
- 1/4 cup of Pina colada mix
- 1 Cup of Blueberry Kool-Aid
Fill 1 large glass with ice. Pour the Cherry 7-UP with Grenadine 1/3 of the way full. Now add the Pina colada mix 1/3 of the glass. Top off with the Blueberry Kool-Aid. Enjoy!
JELL-O SLUSHY RECIPE
- 1 pack of JELL-O, pick your favorite
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup juice or soda
Combine boiling water and JELL-O and mix until dissolved completely. Mix in lemon juice and juice or soda. Pour into a baking dish and freeze for 3-4 hours, or until hard. Remove from freezer 5 min before serving and use a spoon or ice cream scoop to scrape the slushy out. Add a little more soda/juice to glass before serving, and enjoy!
BLUE PIÑA COLADA PARTY PUNCH
- 1 package Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid powder
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 quarts cold water
- 12 oz Pina Colada Mix (non-alcoholic)
- 1 2-liter bottle of sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- cherries, for garnish (optional)
Mix the Kool-Aid powder with sugar and water in the punch bowl. Mix in the Pina Colada mix and the sprite. Garnish with cherries, if desired. Hint: You can make ice cubes out of the punch to keep it cold without diluting it. Enjoy!
- 5 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup ice
Combine watermelon, sugar, lime juice, and 1 cup ice in blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
HONEY SWEETENED STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
- 1 and 1/2 pounds strawberries, washed and halved
- 6 cups water
- juice of 4 lemons
- 1/2 cup honey
Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the strawberries. Add the strawberries, 2 cups of water, lemon juice, and honey to the blender. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in the remaining water. Serve over ice. Enjoy!
WATERMELON PEACH SPRITZER
- 2-liter bottle lemon-lime soda
- Frozen sliced peaches
- Watermelon, cubed
- Ice cubes
Put about 5 frozen peach slices in the bottom of each glass. Also, add about 5 pieces of cubed watermelon to each glass. Add 2 ice cubes, then fill up each glass with the lemon-lime soda. Stir each glass to mix the fruit throughout the drink, and enjoy!
SUMMER PEACH TEA PUNCH
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 33.8 oz bottle peach nectar
- 1/2 a 12-oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup simple sugar syrup
- 1-liter bottle ginger ale, chilled
- 1-liter bottle club soda, chilled
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan, and add tea bags and mint leaves. Boil 1 minute, remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags and mint. Pour into a 1-gallon container. Add peach nectar, lemonade concentrate, and simple sugar syrup. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours. Pour chilled tea mixture into a punch bowl or pitcher. Stir in ginger ale and club soda just before serving, and enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.22 oz envelope unsweetened blue raspberry lemonade mix
- 7 cups water
- 6 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 46 oz can unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 2-liter bottle ginger ale, chilled
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher. Pour evenly into 5 ice cube trays, and freeze at least 8 hours. Combine pineapple juice and ginger ale, serve over raspberry ice cubes and enjoy!
SPARKLING CHERRY LIMEADE
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (optional)
- Margarita salt (optional)
- 12 oz can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 3 1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup liquid from jarred red maraschino cherries
- 2 cups sparkling water
Rub rims of 8 chilled glasses with lime wedges, and dip rims in salt to coat, if desired. Stir together limeade concentrate and 3 1/2 cups cold water, then add liquid from maraschino cherries. Fill prepared glasses with ice. Pour limeade mixture into glasses, filling each two-thirds full. Add sparkling water to fill and enjoy!
ICED HIBISCUS SWEET TEA
- 8 regular-size hibiscus tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 navel orange, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 3 cups ginger ale, chilled
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, and add tea bags. Cover and steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved; add orange and lime slices. Cover and chill 2 to 6 hours. Stir in ginger ale, serve over ice, and enjoy!
Find more non-alcoholic beverages from these books! Click the title to be linked to our catalog!
Want your beverage to be for adults only? Any of these cocktails can be spiked with the booze of your choice! Regardless of how you like to sip, enjoy something special this July 4th!