During this trying time we wanted to provide a list of mental health resources for you and your family.
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- This hotline is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories.
- Disaster Distress Textline: Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- This textline is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national textline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
- SAMHSA Disaster Mobile App
- The free SAMHSA Disaster App offers first responders immediate access for any type of traumatic event at every phase of response, including pre-deployment preparation, on-the-ground assistance, and post-deployment resources.
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- This fact sheet provides tips for coping with stress during an infectious disease outbreak. It describes common signs of stress and how to recognize when to get help.
CDC (Center for Disease Control)
- Coping with Disaster or Traumatic Event
- The CDC has provided several resources dedicated to teaching you how to cope and take care of yourself and your family members during an emergency.
Hotline Phone Numbers
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-273-8255)
- TransLife Hotline: 877-565-8860
- Trevor Project Hotline (LGBTQ Youth Suicide Prevention): 1-866-488-7386
- MO CommCare Crisis Line: 1-888-279-8188
- Abuse or Neglect
- MOCSA 24 Hour Crisis Line (sexual assault/abuse): 816-531-0233 or 913-642-0233
- Kansas Department for Children & Families: 1-800-922-5330
- Missouri Department of Social Services Children’s Division: 1-800-392-3738
- Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services Adult Abuse & Neglect Hotline: 1-800-392-0210
- Substance Abuse
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 816-471-7229
- Al-Anon Alcoholism Counseling, Alateen: 816-373-8566
- Cocaine Anonymous: 800-347-8998
- Narcotics Anonymous: 816-531-2250
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the West Wyandotte Library’s Community Services Librarian, Krista Suter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.