If you are looking for a way to help people while isolating, look no further. The following sites provide volunteer opportunities for you all while you stay indoors.
- Book Share: If you love to proofread, this is an opportunity for you! Bookshare makes reading easier. People with dyslexia, blindness, cerebral palsy, and other reading barriers can customize their experience to suit their learning style and find virtually any book they need for school, work, or the joy of reading. You can help proofread scanned files: clean up scanned RTF files from other volunteers and format them. Use the link below to sign up.
- Translators Without Borders: If you are bilingual, this may be the volunteer opportunity for you. You can volunteer with TWB if you are fluent in at least one language other than your native language. Whether you are interested in translating medical texts or translating for crisis response, there are engaging projects available to suit all preferences. Use the link below to apply.
- Be My Eyes: Use your eyes and your phone to help those with vision impairments. Be My Eyes is a free app that connects blind and low-vision people with sighted volunteers and company representatives for visual assistance through a live video call.
- Download the Be My Eyes app from your app store to get started.
- Smithsonian Digital Volunteer: Do you love historical data and diaries? Then this is the volunteer opportunity for you! Help transcribe historical documents to make them more accessible.
We hope this resource has provided you with an opportunity to volunteer online.
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”